Thursday 4 April 2013

Time Out

This morning I am very excited. Hubby and I are off to the big smoke for a weekend by ourselves! And no I am not going to come back pregnant as has been suggested by a few people. We are staying in the CBD and looking forward to some adult time.

The planning for this believe it or not started 12 months ago. We were planning a weekend away for our wedding anniversary which is at the end of April. However with kids and sport we didn't have a free weekend until July. So we were all set had organised the MIL to babysit only to have her turn around a few weeks later and say that she couldn't do it. This was not a surprise just annoying. As at the time we really needed some us time. We haven't had any quality us time since before Bugalugs was born and she is almost 2.

So this time around looked at the calendar and this is the last free weekend we have until the end of June. We booked my my Mum & Dad to have the kids. I know that they won't back out and all the kids love begin there. Hubby had all these plans of organising the whole weekend so it would be a surprise for me. Bless him. But it didn't turn out that way. In his defence I am a control freak.

We booked a mystery hotel online and are really happy with what we got. Somewhere we have never stayed before but it looks fantastic. Hubby did try and organise another couple to come and have dinner with us Saturday night but that didn't work out. Which is a shame as it would have been great to catch up with them kid free.

There are no plans for the weekend. We are just going to 'Wing It'. Which surprisingly I am really looking forward to. I love the fact that it really doesn't matter what time or where we eat. We can have a drink at a pub in the afternoon and don't have to make sure it has a beer garden or playground. Mark's only request is that I don't drag him into lots of shops. Which is fine. He doesn't have to come. He can stay at the pub. ;)

I do actually have one plan and that is to get up reasonably early Saturday morning and walk/ run the bridges. I used to do this often when I lived in Perth but haven't done it for years. I am really looking forward to running on a footpath and having green grass and water around me whilst I do it.

I am back on track with my eating and exercise. I will not let this weekend put me back again. So I will make smart choices and control my calorie input. If there is anything I learnt from last weekend it is that I can still go out to eat, make healthy choices and still feel completely satisfied.

I am really looking forward to about 8pm tonight when we 'should' be settled into our hotel room ready to go out and get a bite to eat. Maybe even find a bar to do some dancing. Oh how I miss dancing. And I can't wait to spend some time adult time with my hubby where we can just be Mark & Nikki. Not Mum & Dad. We can hold hands when we are walking because we won't be pushing a pram or trolley. We can have a conversation without being interrupted. We can sleep in! (well on sunday) We can eat after 7pm. It's all these little things that you need to do every now and then to remember that there is more to your relationship then who left the toilet seat up or who's turn it is to get up to the kids at night.

So I hope everyone else has a great weekend. I know I will. If you follow me on Facebook I will be posting some pictures over the weekend. I am looking forward to wearing a dress on Saturday night that was WAY to tight when I wore it 12 months ago.

I am off to pack and get everything sorted for the kids for the weekend. So not quite footloose and fancy free yet but I am counting the hours! Have a great weekend everyone.



No comments:

Post a Comment