Tuesday 12 March 2013

Why I was proud of myself last night

If you follow my facebook page you will know that last night we had our first pre season hockey training. This is normally an evening that I dread! Even last night although I have been training for 5 weeks. I was still nervous.

In previous years I have always come last in all our running activities. Then not been able to walk for a week. Only to do it all again just as I was starting to feel better. I would love to say that it got easier as the season went on and it probably did to a degree but I was still always last.

Last night started with running 2 laps of the hockey field. No worries I thought. I ran 1km yesterday I thought. This will be fine I thought. Oh how wrong I was. At the end of the 2 laps I was at the back of the back and I was a little disheartened. In my head I was saying "all these week or exercises for what???"

Then came our next 'activity' here's what we had to do
5x running to the end of the field and walking back
4x running to 3/4 of the field and walking back
3x running to 1/2 way then walking back
2x running to 1/4 way then walking back.

I was actually happy about doing this until I had done the first 2 runs to the end of the field. Then I was not so keen. My HRM starting beeping at me and I had to keep talking to myself saying only 3 more up here, then not as far to run next time. By the time I was half way through I was actually enjoying pushing myself. And I finished in the middle of everyone. So not last! This gave me renewed energy. I enjoyed the rest of training and really feel like I pushed myself.

It was also an added bonus that I got some great comments on how I did and how I look. Always a great inspiration to keep going. I will keep the training up so that I improve through the season. Not slacken off because I think that the one or two hockey trainings a week are enough.

I also had weigh in this morning and it was great another 1.1kg gone. A few weeks ago I talked about my addiction to weighing myself. Well this week it worked in my favour. Over the weekend I thought I was doing great and that a bit of extra naughty foods would be ok. But stepping on the scales Monday morning brought me back to reality. So I pulled my socks up got back on track no more sneaky naughty snacks. And it paid off.

I really feel like I am in a great rhythm at the moment and it does feel like I am not on a diet just changing the way I think about food and exercise. I almost don't really even think about it anymore. I say almost as there are still days when all I want to do is eat and mornings when I can't get out of bed. But it is definitely getting easier.

So here are my stats
Weekly loss 1.1kg
12WBT loss 4.8
Total Loss 8.3
1.7kg till Moet!!!!

Have a great Wednesday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment