Tuesday 19 March 2013

Just call me 'Mrs Cranky Pants'

So have been a bit quiet on here this week. Not too sure why. Actually it has been a busy week but like most people with kids that is just a part of life. We actually had a weekend where all we had on was Tennis Saturday afternoon and that was it. Sunday was spent at home having some great family time. Which may or may not have included Mark and I jumping on the trampoline whilst all the kids were inside and we were meant to be hanging washing out.

I haven't exercised since hockey training Thursday evening. I have no excuse except I haven't made myself get out of bed. I need to fix this this week as this is a trap I have fallen into in the past. I will run etc in the lead up to hockey and then once training starts I stop doing to extra hard work. So no more! Tomorrow morning I will get up when I wake up. Which is usually about 6 and get my butt out of bed to go for a run. I am making this promise to all you.

I have been Mrs Cranky Pants this week. It started on Sunday morning for some reason I woke up cranky. After heading into work and spending a few hours cleaning. I felt much better. (remember we did jump on the trampoline without kids something Mrs Cranky Pants would never do) The fact that I came home to a lovely clean house helped a lot. Have I mentioned lately that I have a fantastic hubby?? But like I said I hadn't done any exercise since Thursday. Today I was particularly cranky. No real reason. I got home late last night from a meeting and went to bed with a million thoughts running through my head.

I went to hockey training tonight and I burnt over 500 calories. My heart rate got up to 181. And I had a great time. It was hard work and I tried to push myself as much as I could. On my way home   I was feeling fantastic. Not the usual feeling for me coming home from pre season! Normally I am exhausted which I was today but I also felt great at the same time. So on the 20km drive home I gave myself a little pep talk.

"See Nikki AKA Mrs Cranky Pants! This is why you have been cranky you had 4 days of no exercise. Think, Mrs Cranky Pants about how you are feeling now imagine if you started the day like this. How much nicer would I be to not just my household but the world? Seriously pull your finger out and get up in the morning to go for a run!" It didn't take me 20 minutes to say that but about 19 to realise it and 1 to say it.

I was putting it down to the fact that this week is a very busy week for us. (well me) (It doesn't help that hubby decides that we are going to head to Perth Friday night after a community BBQ rather then Saturday morning.) But really the real reason is that I have been nowhere near active enough. This is the first time I have noticed the influence exercise has had on me other then the kilos disappearing on the scales. I have realised what a massive impact it has on my mood. I don't know if it's the exercise itself or getting a chance to get out of the house and get about 45 minutes to myself at the start of the day. A way to gather my thoughts.

So tomorrow morning at 6 I will be out of bed and on the road by 6:10am. Home by 7am dripping in sweat with a smile on my face and ready to face the massive day our Wednesdays always are. Or I will be staggering up the hill hoping that Mark will realise I have been gone too long and come looking for me.  Either way I am sure I will have left Mrs Cranky Pants somewhere down the paddock. And hopefully an eagle will come along and take her far far away.

1 comment:

  1. I find exercise beneficial for my moods too, but I could never make it out of bed at 6am to do it! well done!

    First time reader here, found you through Grace's FBLS! Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete