Sunday 28 July 2013

Farm v's Town Running & This Weeks Plans.

Happy Monday

I hope everyone had a great weekend. I had a mixed weekend. Miserable rainy windy horrible day at hockey on Saturday. We also lost the game which had us all feeling as bad as the weather. But Sunday the sun was shining and I went for my first run in about a week and a half. Then spent the day at Mum & Dad's new block where the kids had a blast running around. Was a great family day. 

A few weeks ago I put a post of facebook showing photo's of where I run. Gravel roads and tracks on the farm where we live. I love it but I had thought that maybe running on smooth footpaths & having something different to look at wouldn't be that bad either.  

This Sunday I was at my Mum & Dad's place. They live in a small country town about an hour away. So I went running on smooth footpaths with lovely gardens to look at. I went out at 7am so there weren't many people around. As I was about half way through my run I was longing to be back on the farm! I'm not sure what it was exactly. I was struggling a bit and kept thinking in my head that I wouldn't be struggling if I was running at home. Which of course I totally would have been because I hadn't been for a run for a week and a half!! 

I was really happy with my time. I did 5km in 30min. So great to be back home by 7:30am with my run down and out of the way. We have a joke in our family, whoever is the last person up my Mum always says she has been up and run 5km already. Which is soooo not true. So it was great when my Dad staggered out of bed to say "I have run 5km" and it was true!! 

So this week I am getting some much needed sorting of my clothes done. I need to empty all the clothes that are now to big out of my cupboards so I can fit all my smaller clothes in.  My weekly exercise plan is I have Netball tonight. Hopefully go for a run tomorrow morning before heading to Perth for a quick day trip. Rest Wednesday (or maybe a morning run no time in the evening). Thursday is hockey training which will involve lots of fitness work we have been told. Friday a light run. Saturday a game of hockey. Sunday a long run 10k+ hopefully.

Have a great week everyone! 



No comments:

Post a Comment