Sunday 7 July 2013

More Mini (major) Milestones Reach.

What a week it has been. I have been back on track and feeling more positive then I have for a while.

Last weekend we went to Perth and I went for a run. Not just any run I did 9km in an hour. I actually RAN for a WHOLE hour!! I know I was shocked too!! We ran 'around the block' twice it was all footpaths and traffic. We passed a couple of people out walking mostly older men off to get their Saturday paper from the corner shop.

Monday afternoon after planting veggies in our new planter boxes I ran around tidying the kitchen and getting tea organised so that when hubby got home I could go for a run before it was too dark. I did 6km and it was quite easy. As I was running along the gravel 'roads', dodging corrugations and pot holes I was thinking about how different this run was from the one I had done on Saturday morning. No foothpaths, green grass, ocean views etc. But also fresh air, peace, the odd kangaroo checking to see what I am doing and no one could see me. No traffic, no other runners or walkers, no stopping to cross roads.

Here are the roads I run on and I wouldn't change it for anything!!! Well perhaps fewer corrugations but other then that I love it.

Also today I received some clothes from a friend. I love hand me downs!! So I had a little fashion parade this afternoon in front of the whole family. I brought the mirror from my bedroom into the lounge so I could get changed in the warmest room in the house. Some things fit, some didn't. Some I thought I would just try to see how far away I was from fitting into that size.

There was a pair of Target Hot Option size 14 jeans. I looked at them and told hubby I would try them on to see. But wasn't expecting to A. be able to pull them up all the way and B. be able to do them up. Well I could do both!!! Admittedly they didn't look very attractive as there was a major muffin top happening actually it was more like a volcano exploding. BUT I got them on and done up! There were also a couple of size 14 dresses which fit.
Size 14 first time since I was 14. Only 19yrs ago. 

So all in all I have had a great week. I am back on track after a couple of so-so weeks. It's school holidays for us so I am looking forward to spending some time with my older kids. We have no real plans which I love. There will be a few pyjama days, baking days & visits to friends. And there will be running. Especially after the roast pork we had for dinner tonight!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, well done. Fabulous that you can run for an hour. And great to be the size you were when you were 14.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 9 km in an hour, you rockstar you!!! That's a fantastic time. As for hand-me-downs, I hear you! One of the ladies from my work gave me a bag of clothes a couple of months back. What a moment that was, so much fun. She had excellent taste in clothes I might add. A definite pay it forward moment, for I too will be doing the same thing when I have any decent clothes that have gotten too big.

    Carol
    www.finding-carol.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete