Tuesday 7 May 2013

Round 2 fitness test results & my new goals for this round.

Righto so this time last week I had put on 2kg. I was feeling ok about it as I had been away for 5 days visiting wineries, breweries and attending an AWESOME wedding. I also had a very sore hamstring which made exercise almost impossible. This week I am stoked to report that I lost those 2kgs and then some. I lost a whopping 3kg!!! Well not lost as I never want to find it again.

I have now lost 14.7kg. When I have spoken to people and they ask how much I have lost I say almost 15kg. Hopefully next week I will be able to say just over 15kg.

I was lucky yesterday afternoon as hubby came home early afternoon. They couldn't do any more seeding until it rained so he was home for the day. It took me about 5 minutes to realise that this meant I could get out of the house and go for a run. So I finished folding the washing, got changed and was out the door. I went into town as I wanted to run around the oval and I had to get a few thing anyway.

We have cut our hockey trainings back from 1hr twice a week to 1.5hrs once a week. I really miss that extra training as now I have to make the time for myself. I am looking forward to tomorrow night as I always work harder when there are others to push me rather then me doing it on my own. This is another thing I never thought I would hear myself saying. It really is a year of firsts.

If you remember a few months ago I mentioned that I couldn't run more then one lap around the oval without stopping. And there was no way that I could run 2 laps in a row even though I could run further if I was just running on the road. Well yesterday I ran 2 laps in a row without stopping! Yay me. It was 1.2km.

I also did my fitness test for Round 2 of 12WBT yesterday.Round 2 starts Monday. I have to say that the results weren't great. Last round I only did the 1km time trial part of the fitness test. This time I did all of them. So here is how it went.

1km time trial  5min 50sec
20 push ups in 1 minute. (on my knees)
60sec plank on knees
25sec Wall Sit
-16 cm Sit & Reach

Some of these results are no surprise to me as I have NEVER had good results with the sit & reach test. I am not flexible and have bad balance. Definitely something I need to work on. However my 1km run time has improved by over 2 minutes.

I have been reassessing my goals and trying to make some very specific goals for the next 3 months. So here they are.

Current weight 91.9kg
By the end of this round (12weeks) I want to be at 80kg (or of course under).
I have broken it down to mini goals. First goal is to get to under 90kg by end of May.
Next is to hit my 20kg Milestone 86.6kg.....................by 19th June. We have country week hockey that weekend and would love to take my bottle of Moet down there and share it with the girls.
Then the under 80kg by the end of July.

I also have some fitness goals.
I want to be able to run 4 laps of the oval with out stopping.
Run 1km in under 5 minutes.
Run 5km with out stopping.
I haven't put any time on these goals. I will see how I go I want to be able to do these by the end of round 2.

Wish me luck!


2 comments:

  1. Bloody awesome work Nik! I have lost 14kg now too but I don't think I have the same running power as you! I am going to try the next 3 months without the program so it will be interesting to compare and contrast our progress side by side. Love reading your blogs. Keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME JEN!!!! You are braver then me. I am not brave enough to go it on my own just yet. I love the recipes. I will try and print off my favourite ones this round. Also love the mind set videos.

    Let me know how your going. You can be my inspiration for going it alone! Thanks for reading and all your support. :)

    ReplyDelete