Sunday 12 May 2013

A little bit of everything.

This is going to be one of those blog posts that starts in one place and ends up in a completely different place. Mainly because I have lots of little things going on so I will share a bit of everything. And that is just how my brain works at the moment.

I am hosting bookclub at my house on Friday night. Which means I will be spending the week getting my house in order. It's actually not too bad at the moment. There are some things that can't be done until Friday afternoon as they just won't stay clean. I am excited to have the girls over. It is nice to interact with different people and talk about something other then kids & hockey. Today's job is to get the washing done, folded and put away. With the rain last week and being out all weekend the mountain had doubled. So with some lovely sunshine today I am hoping to get most of it done.

After hockey on Saturday I realised I really need to get back on top of my fitness. I had a sore hamstring muscle for a week or so and with the start of seeding I had become quite slack.  So that is the plan for this week. I went into the school for mothers day morning tea this morning and planned to go to the oval afterwards and do some running and sprints. I thought (hoped) that Amelia would just play in the playground while I ran around. Oh how wrong I was by the time I had done one lap of the oval she was in the middle of the oval screaming. So onto plan 2 I put her in her pram and we went for a walk. So a 40 minute walk was better then nothing. It's times like this I wish I had invested in a jogging pram. I am hoping to do a work out DVD this afternoon when the kids are home to distract her.

Tomorrow Lochie has Auskick training in the afternoon and I have about an hour up my sleeve after school so I am going to try running at the oval again but this time with the big kids there to play with Amelia. Then Wednesday I am going into the school to do hockey coaching in the morning so will try to do some running after that. It will probably end as it did today but I am hoping not.

I had a full-on weekend with a home game of hockey and then out all day for mothers day yesterday. When we have a home game of hockey we run a full canteen and then bar with dinner afterwards. It is all run by volunteers on a roster. We have an amazing club with great people who are willing to help out whenever needed. The only problem is that I am a completely control freak and I sweat the small stuff. I let myself get frazzled easily and I need to learn to chill out. We had a small problem this week with a gastro bug taking out some of our kids and thus their mum's weren't able to work their shifts. It was great as others were willing and able to fill in and make the day run smoothly. And Lochie won the mothers day raffle which included a lovely bunch of flowers, some lovely choccies & a bottle of MUMM!

We had a great night afterwards with some drinks. I haven't been drinking much this year especially not beer. But I made up for it on Saturday night. It was great to have drinks with the girls after a busy day but not so great when I woke up at 2am with a dry throat and I couldn't get back to sleep until 4am. It wouldn't have been so bad if I didn't have to take the kids to a family picnic an hour and a half away on Sunday!

So there you go, that is enough of my dribble for today. I said it could end up anywhere. On another note I have started round 2 of 12WBT today. I love the recipes and the weekly mind set videos. I am hoping to really learn a lot this round and then maybe go it on my own.

Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment