Saturday 26 January 2013

Water, Water, Water

My name is Nikki and I am a water snob!

There I have finally admitted to the world what only a few people know about me. It is a relief to finally have it out there. I hate tap water and only like to drink rain water or bottled water.

I haven't always been this way. When I was about 9 I went to hospital and they gave me a jug of water which I told my mum tasted funny. She tried it and started laughing because it was rain water. When my cousins used to come and visit they used to bring their own water. I thought they were crazy there was nothing wrong with our tap water.

Now having lived on a farm for 3 years where every part of our house is connected to a HUGE rain water tank. I am a water snob. When we go away I don't normally drink much water because I'm never organised enough to take water with me. And instead of buying water when I am thirsty I would buy Diet Coke.

This time however I was prepared!! We went to Perth for 2 days. I was about to walk out the door when I saw the pile of empty water bottles on the sink. So I filled up 5lts of water. 1x 2lt and 2x 1.5lt bottles.

I even remembered to take them with me when we went out and about. I was at the shops this morning almost finished one of my 1.5lt bottles and I thought why haven't I always been doing this all the time??? My poor body. Amazing how much better I was feeling after being properly hydrated.

But this does all come at a cost. While I was feeling all awesome, healthy and very hydrated. I was also feeling the urge to pee every 5 seconds. Actually I reminded myself of my 4yr old. She is always thirsty and always busting!!!!

So I will now be making sure my water bottles are full before we go anywhere and that I always know where the closest toilet is!!!

On a side note.............. I lost another .5kg this week. Bringing my total loss for 2013 to 2.8kgs & 6cms! 



No comments:

Post a Comment