Tuesday 15 January 2013

Circuit Work

So I started the second part of my exercise programme today. THE CIRCUIT!  I attended a class 12 months ago in our town hall which was great and I learnt a lot. I have also done a bit of study to become a fitness trainer. (Will explain why only a bit another time.) So with these experiences and a great little free app on my phone I set up a circuit that looks like this.

1 minute exercise followed by 30 second rest in between activities.
  • 5 minute warm up walk
  • Step ups
  • Push ups
  • Abs (passing a fit ball from hands to ankles)
  • Lunges
  • Plank
  • Side leg raises
  • Bicep curls
I did make a few modifications, I swapped the bicep curls with squats given my sore shoulder and in the last round I swapped side leg raises with running. 2 laps around the house. (lucky we have a big verandah.

 found it was great and I definitely 'felt the burn'. I did the circuit through twice which took just on half an hour. I will do it like this when I do it again on Thursday but next week will amp it up to 3 sets.

Only real issues I had was trying to do all this with 3 kids asking questions, playing with the fit ball & generally getting in the way. My 18 month old really could understand what I was doing. And why I wasn't picking her up.

I now have all my fitness equipment (fit ball, foam mat, skipping rope etc) in a corner in my lounge room as a reminder to keep it going. I am open to any ideas or suggestions, will take all the help I can get.

I am off to try and make Stephanie Rice's salad that she made on the Today Show this morning. Looked yummy.

 Have a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment