Monday 13 January 2014

2014 TO DO LIST

Well here it is my goal list for 2014!! It almost seems more like a to do list. Actually yep that's what I will call it.
MY 2014 TO DO LIST

1) Run 5km - At the moment I am really struggling with my running. My 5km walk/run go like this...Walk 1km, run 1km, walk 700m, run 1km, struggle to finish that km and then walk the rest of the way. I find it hard to believe that I used to easily run 10km a day. I know I can do it as this time last year I couldn't even run 1km. Time Frame: Mid March.

2) Get to 80kg - I have been saying this since August!!! As at today that is 7.9kg away. I want to do this in the next 12 weeks while I am doing the Symply Too Good 12 week mentoring programme. Time Frame: 12 weeks 7th April

3) Get to 75kg - This will put my total weight loss to just over 30kg. I started this time last year at 106.6. I would love to do this by my brithday. Which is 20 weeks away. Time Frame: 9th June

4) Get to 70kg - This is a hard one to put a time frame on. Knowing how this year went I am not sure what to put here. Soooooo I will say that I will commit to doing this by the end of September. This is when all my winter sport will finish and I can start the warmer weather feeling great. Time Frame: September

5) Run another Half Marathon - We are talking about running our local one again in October. But I am tossing up if I should do the City 2 Surf half. Only problem with this is it falls at the same time as hockey finals and I know how much commitment both of these activities take.

6) Drink more WATER - I have started but I am far from doing well at this.

7) Stop Snacking - This is something that has crept back in. I was really good at resisting snacking and picking off the kids plates but lately I can't help myself. I think one of the main reasons this happens is because we have stopped eating together as a family so I feed the kids at about 6pm and then we don't eat until about 7:30 once they have gone to bed. So while they are eating I am obviously hungry and picking. NO MORE!! Back to family meals.

8)Exercise 5 days a week - It's funny how during hockey season this was easy because I HAD to go to training 2 days a week. And I had to keep up the running on the other days. I also MADE the time to train for the half marathon. So I NEED to make time to exercise.

9) Be More Confident - I find it really hard to get used to my new figure. On the weekend I again wore bikini's on the beach. This time infront of people I knew and while there were other people on the beach. I even layed on the beach afterwards with my towel not completely covering me. But I still have a LONG way to go.

10) Less Couch Time - I am terrible for getting caught up either on here (computer) or watching TV. Especially if I am tired and have been up with a certain 2yr old all night or after a busy weekend I can spend my Mondays on the couch. So this year I am going to make more of an effort to get up and find other things to do. As my 2yr old is getting older I need to spend more time with her doing activities and entertaining her. I am sure once school starts in February she is really going to miss having her brother and sister home.

So there you go there is my plan for 2014. It feels like it has taken me forever to write this and if you have got this far then thank you for taking the time to read it.Hopefully I have put realistic time frames on everything. I think 2013 was a big learning experience and I feel confident that I now know what it takes to achieve my dreams. I also know what it is like to not quite meet your expectations.

 I am going to copy and laminate my list and stick it to the fridge as a constant reminder.


1 comment:

  1. Nikki I swear were we Siamese twins separated at birth??? I got so close to 80 (82.3) and have gone backwards (currently 88.2) and am aiming to get back to that stage. Clothes getting tighter, so I can't ignore it any longer. I am just dying for the day I get to 79.9. And I have entered my first half marathon and am just quietly sh!tting bricks!! I know how quickly you can lose form and it's taking a while for me to get the miles back in my legs pre Christmas pre my USA holiday, but it's slowly coming back and yours will too. We will both get there and our minds will get there at the same time. Promise.

    Carol
    www.finding-carol.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete