Sunday 15 September 2013

Where oh where has my motivation gone????

Time for some re evaluation. I have had a busy couple of weeks. Nothing out of the ordinary just the usual for this time of the year. But I have been struggling with my meals. I have let old habits creep in again.

As I write this I am drinking a Diet Coke. I was doing so well at the start of the year only having the occasional one here and there. But it has crept back in to be a big part of my daily routine AGAIN. I could sit here and say 'starting tomorrow I am getting rid of it' but to be honest I am not sure if I really want to. I know that I should and I will. Just not right now.

That is the problem I have lost my motivation. I have gone up and down on the scales a bit over the last couple of months and am SLOWLY making headway. But I am really finding it hard to pull my socks up and get back on track. All I want to eat is everything that is bad for me or not even so much that but I want more then I should.

Bad habits are sneaking back in. Sneaky bastards they are. A little bit of cheese here, chocolate there, lollies in the car etc etc.

I am hoping as the weather starts to warm up so will my motivation and will power. I know that I have come a long way and that it takes time but sometimes it seems like time is standing still.

I am not where I wanted to be by mid September. I wanted to be under 80kg, Comfortably in size 14 pants and almost in size 12 tops. I am 83.5kg, squeezing into size 14 pants & size 14 top. My little shopping trip on Thursday was a big reality check and a realisation that I have a long way to go.
I saw this a while ago and maybe I should make one as a reminder to keep going. 

I just had to vent and I do feel better for it. Remember at the beginning I promised to share the good the bad and the ugly. Well here it is. Fingers crossed putting this in writing is the therapy I need to get back on track.

Thanks for listening and feel free to share if you have gone through a similar experience and how you got through it.

3 comments:

  1. Nikki you have come such a long way. Sometimes its ok to step back and take a break - maybe just concentrate on maintaining for a couple of weeks and then make a plan for a new assault on the next part of your journey. I've been feeling the same. Stepped back to try and stay the same and I have a new plan ready for next month when everything returns to normal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nikki, I could have written this myself. I too had hoped to be under 80 by the end of this round and have inched up a couple of kg. My running is going great guns, but the eating habits have started to return. I start off the day so well and feel resolved to continue, but I'm sunk my mid afternoon. My snack turns into a couple of snacks. Then if I need to go to the supermarket that's my biggest downfall, car eating.

    I'm so glad you have vented, you will certainly realise you are not alone. And if it helps to know I know a number of people in the same boat.

    Carol
    www.finding-carol.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Guys,
    Something has happened overnight and I have had a change in mindset. I have put things in perspective and back on track.

    Thanks
    Nik

    ReplyDelete