Sunday 22 September 2013

A bit of a change in direction.

What a fantastic weekend I have just had. I had yet another weekend away from my kids (which is about my 5th for the year) HUGE thanks to hubby for staying home. Especially when Amelia decided it would be a great time to get sick and stay up all night. He even took them all to the local show by himself.

I went to a hens night on a boat in Perth. I'm not going to talk about the hens night because what happens on the boat stays on the boat. But what I will say it is was a great night with lots of laughs, dancing, food, drinks & a few firsts for me which I don't think I can talk about on here. The 4 girls who organised it did a fantastic job. It was great even though the boat was full of ladies who we beat in our grand final win 2 weeks ago and a few of them did try to throw me overboard at one point.

There was a bit of drama leading up the it though as we thought the weather was going to be cold and windy. So a shopping we went.......After looking around for a while I called on my style expert brother. (he's not so much an expert as he is honest) I found 2 dresses that I thought would be ok but I wasn't too sure if they were too tight or too short. After making a decision I sent a pic to my friend who was shopping for her outfit on the other side of Perth. She had just sent me a txt saying she had found something but one size was too small and the next one up was too big. Then she got my txt and it was the same dress!!! What did we do before mobile phones???
Nothing like a changeroom selfie. (Completely forgot to take one when we were all dressed up)

In my search for something a little warmer to wear I ventured into shops I have never entered before. It was a great feeling. I am now pretty comfortable in a size 14. It's the first size I grab when I am trying on clothes. Occasionally I have to go up a size as we all know clothes sizes are not the same in every shop.

It got me thinking about scales v's measurements. I have been struggling a bit with the number on the scales at the moment. 1 step forward 2 steps back. I am reluctant to throw the scales out as I find they really help keep me on track. But I am going to start to focus on my measurements and clothes. A bit of a change in direction. I will still do my Wednesday Weigh In but I will also measure up each week.

This is a way to help keep me positive and motivated. I am loving the feeling of clothes getting looser and find that each time I am folding washing there is always something to add to the 4 garbage bags of clothes I have sitting waiting to pass onto my sister.

Will do measurements this Wednesday and compare them to my ones I took in January. Then will do them every week.

3 comments:

  1. I do believe we are leading parallel lives at the moment. Okay so there's been no hens night, and no boat in my immediate past, but the whole weight/measurement thing. I mean lets face it, who cares if we way 150 kg, if our measurements are reading a size 12 bust, waist, hips and thighs, it doesn't matter what the scales say. And yet we let it lead our lives, our way of thinking, our feeling of self-worth at times. It's really screwing with my head.

    Good for your hubby for taking care of things so you can go have fun. Way to go. And you look fantastic in that dress.

    Carol
    www.finding-carol.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Carol,
    Glad to hear I am not the only one. I had to remind myself that my original goal was to get to a size 12. And I have no idea what that will look like on the scales. So back to the measuring tape. Plus we re off on holidays and it's much easier to take a tape measure then a set of scales.
    Nik

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Carol,
    Glad to hear I am not the only one. I had to remind myself that my original goal was to get to a size 12. And I have no idea what that will look like on the scales. So back to the measuring tape. Plus we re off on holidays and it's much easier to take a tape measure then a set of scales.
    Nik

    ReplyDelete