Saturday 30 April 2016

OMG it's May already & I'm still where I was at the start of the year!!!

So it's the first of May, almost half way through the year and I have pretty much wasted the first 4 months. As in my weight is still where it was my fitness is a bit better thanks to hockey training but nowhere near where it should be!!

I am feeling like I am at a bit of a crossroads. I am trying to decide what is the next step????

Do I go against everything I have said and believe about healthy nutrition and weight loss and do the shake thing to give myself a kick start??

Or

Do I try to get back on the healthy eating & exercise bandwagon which I know works??

I think deep down I know that answer. I'm just thinking that the shakes will give me a kick start and get me going. I have also come across 28bysamwood which looks like a great program and maybe that's what I need to give me the kick start. It's like a mini version of 12wbt from what I can understand. It does exercise, food & mindfulness. Although the idea of the quick fix of the shakes is really appealing.

I kind of feel like May is my make or break month. I have a 12km fun run at the end of May. It's my birthday at the start of June so it's always nice to be feeling great for that. It's also now only 8 Months until my brothers wedding and I want to be looking and feeling great for that.

I really feel like once my eating and exercise are back on track everything else seems to work out and run smoothly. I am way off track with my PT course. My house is a disaster zone. Everything about being a mum just seems harder!!! But I know that a big part of all of that is that I don't have the energy because I haven't been eating properly or exercising regularly.

So time to make some decisions and set some goals..................

2 comments:

  1. I think you need to do something that you can maintain long term. My worry with the shakes is that you finish them and you're back where you started. So 28 by Sam sounds like the better option, I've heard him speak about that on radio. It's such a bloody hard slog isn't it? Good luck, I"m still hear reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this blog sounds like me! In the same boat Nik! I want it bad but cant seem to grab it by the balls!

    ReplyDelete