Monday 10 November 2014

Finally!!!!!!

OK so before I start put the kettle on and settle down with a cuppa..........it's been a while and there is lots to catch up on. Go on I'll wait......maybe go to the toilet while you wait for the kettle to boil. ;)

Waiting

Waiting

Waiting

Welcome back I told you I would wait :)

So I have just realised that my last blog post was on 30th July. Well what has happened since then........
Firstly we lost the hockey grand final this year :( We were beaten by a better team on the day. I think we partied harder then we did last year when we won.

Anyway moving on from that. We held our half marathon again this year and it was another great turn out and we had a terrible head wind but were lucky to finish before the rain came in. We raised almost $1000 and it was a great community event.

I have started meeting some local ladies at the oval to do a bit of a circuit work out twice a week. It is great to do it with other people as it help keen you on track and it goes quickly when you are talking/laughing together.

I didn't really do the last round of 12WBT. I am not sure what is happening with my weight. Well actually I do. I got down to 84kg but then 1 or 2 weekends away and it was back up. So at the moment here is how it goes. Monday 88.1kg (that's the last 2 mondays) but normally around 88kg by Friday I get it back down to 87.1kg or 86.8kg somewhere around there. but hen the weekend happens and up we go again. This has been happening the last few months. I am not exercising anywhere near as much as I was during hockey or training for the run. I am focusing a bit more on strength training and all round fitness.

I also did something I promised myself I wouldn't do. I bought some shorts in a bigger size. All but one pair of my shorts are size 14 and while they fit they also produce a muffin top!! They are comfortable but I am not comfortable with how they look. Jeanswest had 40% off  so I ordered 2 pairs of size 16 shorts. I have realised that I was caught up in sizes just as much as I was caught up in the number on the scales. After a friend told me she has clothes in her cupboard ranging from size 16 to size 8 I had a bit of a light bulb moment when I realised it's about the fit and being comfortable rather then the number on the tag.

During the last month or so I have been thinking about what I am going to do once my little Bugalugs heads off to school next year. I have applied for a casual job to keep my mind ticking over and earn some of my own money. I have plans for that money..............I am going to get qualified to be a Personal Trainer. It is not a cheap course but I feel better using 'my' money to pay for it.  Doing fitness with the girls has made me realise how much I want to do this for a living. I really enjoy it. I finally know what I want to be when I grow up.

I am at a bit of a loss with the whole weight loss thing. On one hand I am thinking this is the size I am meant to be and I am pretty happy with the fact that whilst I have yoyo'd a little bit this year for the most part I have kept 20kg off for almost 18months. But I also know that I can reach my goals I set so long ago and losing another 20kg it totally achievable. It will be harder but it is totally doable. I am not going to make any GRAND statements about cutting out this or that or setting massive goals. I am just going to keep an eye on what I put in my mouth and do my work outs. Maybe try and get in a few more runs once harvest is finished and hubby is back to working normal hours.

Oh and if you remember when this whole 'Becoming Nikki' project started I had a little deal with my brother. Last Christmas I fit into a pair of size 12 shorts and a size 10 top. By fit I mean I could get them on and done up. I don't know that I could have sat down without popping a button but a deal is a deal. As part of the deal Rob was going to pay for me to get a maple leaf tattoo. Something I have wanted since 1998 when I spent a year in Canada as an exchange student. Well pay day finally came and I couldn't be happier.

And here it is!!!!
I added in the kids initials and it is on my lower back 'tramp stamp' but I LOVE it!!! Another reason to lose weight and be comfortable in a bikini. I want to show this baby off. 

Right so now we are all caught up and you have had a cuppa and a bit of timeout whilst reading my ramblings. I plan to get back into my blogging so look out for some more 'me' time and a cuppa catching up with a friend. Although I promise they won't all be this long. 

1 comment:

  1. Well I haven't been reading up on blogs for an age - so time poor, but glad I saw this see I still have you on feedly! Love the tattoo, it's so rich in colour. And I'm hearing you on the up and down weight and to be honest I too have wondered is this the weight my body is most comfortable at (or is it because I'm being slack with my food). Gaaaaah, such mind games.

    ReplyDelete